Kamis, 06 Oktober 2011

ADJECTIVE CLAUSE


CLAUSE is a group of words that consists of at least a subject and predicate which are meaningless.

ADJECTIVE CLAUSE is clause that function as an adjective. it explains noun, either as subject or object. Clause will function as an adjective, answering questions such as "what kind?", "how many?" or "which one?".
The adjective clause in English will follow one of these patterns:
  • Relative Pronoun [Functioning as Object of Verb] + Subject + Verb
This is the ball that I was bouncing.
  • Relative Adverb + Subject + Verb (possibly + Object of Verb)
That is the house where I grew up.
That is the house where I met her.
  • Relative Pronoun [Functioning as Subject] + Verb (possibly + Object of Verb)
That is the person who hiccuped.
That is the person who saw me.
  • Relative Pronoun [Functioning as Object of Preposition] + Subject + Verb (possibly + Object of Verb) + Preposition
That is the person who(m) I was talking about.
That is the person who(m) I was telling you about.
  • Preposition + Relative Pronoun [Functioning as Object of Preposition] + Subject + Verb (possibly + Object of Verb)
That is the person about whom I was talking.
That is the person about whom I was telling you.
  • Possessive Relative Pronoun + Noun [Functioning as Subject] + Verb (possibly + Object of Verb)
That is the dog whose big brown eyes pleaded for another cookie.
That is the dog whose big brown eyes begged me for another cookie.
  • Possessive Relative Pronoun + Noun [Functioning as Object of Verb] + Subject + Verb
That is the person whose car I saw.

1 komentar:

  1. Assalamu'alaikum, blogwalking, baca2 n salam kenal ^_^
    Saya follow Blognya, follow balik ya ke AndyOnline.Net
    jangan lupa buat yang suka corat-coret di Blog, yuk gabung di BLOOFERS (Blog Of Friendship)di group ini juga setiap hari sabtu buat anggotanya diwajibkan ngobrol pake english lang :)

    BalasHapus